Goal: Honing the right hand rule
Source: UMPERG-283 Mag Force
In a region of space there is a uniform magnetic field pointing in the
positive z direction. In what direction should a negative charge move
to experience a force in the positive x direction?
- In the positive z direction
- In the negative z direction
- In the positive x direction
- In the negative x direction
- In the positive y direction
- In the negative y direction
- It can move in any direction
- The force cannot be in the +x direction
(6) Students will likely forget that the charge is negative.